The iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro promise the most dramatic changes to Apple's flagship phones in years.
While the current iPhone 11 line traces its lineage all the way back to 2017, the iPhone 12 will reportedly drop the existing design for an all-new look, as well as add 5G connectivity across the range, Apple's highly-anticipated A14 Bionic processor and, for the Pro set specifically, LiDAR cameras. The 120Hz displays for the Pro models are in doubt based on leaks.
IPHONE 12: WHAT TO EXPECT
• iPhone 12 launch date: Sept. 8 (rumored)
• iPhone 12 release date: October
• Models: iPhone 12 (5.4 inches), iPhone 12 Max (6.1 inches), iPhone 12 Pro (6.1 inches), iPhone 12 Pro Max (6.7 inches)
• Prices: $649 (iPhone 12), $749 (iPhone 12 Max), $999 (iPhone 12 Pro), $1,099 (iPhone 12 Pro Max)
• Processor: A14 Bionic (all models)
• Screens: OLED (all models)
• Other features: 5G, LiDAR on Pro models
While we won't see the iPhone 12 in September like we typically do with new iPhone releases, rumors and leaks have painted a pretty full picture of what to expect from Apple's upcoming handsets, including their release dates, prices and specs.
The iPhone 12 is expected to come in four models: the 5.4-inch iPhone 12, 6.1-inch iPhone 12 Max, 6.1-inch iPhone 12 Pro, and 6.7-inch iPhone 12 Pro Max. All four are expected to tout a design the hearkens back to the iPhone 5's flat machined edges, along with a possibly slimmer notch.
Here's everything we know so far about the new iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro.